No Trivial Matter!

So you missed Music Trivia night on Wednesday? Wondering how well you think you would have done? Well, here are the questions from the other night with the answers below it. If you would have done well, then why not join us for the next one in January, where you can test your skills, have some fun and maybe win some swag? Here you go… :slight_smile:

1. What is the best selling Disney soundtrack of all time, & don’t let this question scar you?

2. Which 1961 musical has a song with the famous line, “Officer Krupke, Krup you”?

3. A huge Peter Cetera song was initially rejected for the movie Rocky IV, but was then used as a song in the Karate Kid movie franchise. What was this romantic song

4. “I’ll Be There for You” by The Rembrandts was the theme song for what long running TV show featuring Smelly Cat?

5. What is the best selling soundtrack of all time, which has a song originally written by Dolly Parton, then covered by Willy Nelson, then by Whitney Houston for the movie that made the song famous?

6. Who composed the music for The Lord of the Rings trilogy as well as The Hobbit trilogy?

7. What Bob Seger song was famously used near the beginning of the movie “Risky Business”, where Tom Cruise slides across the floor in a shirt, socks, & underwear after his parents leave for Europe?

8. Which German synth group scored the incidental music in the film “Risky Business” with 5 tracks?

9. Which solo female artist performed “My Heart Will Go On” from a movie in which Rose had plenty of room on the floating door for Jack, but she did not give him room for?

10. What was the name of the Rob Reiner mockumentary about a heavy metal band, that starred Michael McKean, Christopher Guest, had a drummer that spontaneously combusted a cucumber, & a few of the songs on the soundtrack were Big Bottom, Stonehenge, & Gimme Some Money? Name the film.

Tie-Breaker: Who wrote & performed the songs for the AlanParker film Birdy as well as the soundtrack for the film, The Last Temptation of Christ?

Answers:

1 – Lion King

2 – West Side Story

3 – Glory of Love

4 – Friends

5 - The Bodyguard, & the song was I Will Always Love You

6 – Howard Shore

7 – Old Time Rock & Roll

8 – Tangerine Dream

9 – Celine Dion from the movie, “Titanic”

10 – This Is Spinal Tap (or Spinal Tap)

Tiebreaker – Peter Gabriel